SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
REMA TIP TOP manages a variety of social media channels and strives to create informative, engaging, supportive communities where we can share information and have conversations.
If you post to one of our social media channels, or otherwise respond or comment on one of our posts, you are agreeing to abide by these Community Guidelines, which apply in addition to the Terms and Conditions or other legal notices that are provided by us and/or the owner of the social media platform. Please bear in mind that the comments and responses that you read on our channels that are not posted by us come from members of the public. The content of these comments (including opinions and statements) posted on our channels do not necessarily reflect the views of the social media site or its owner, and are the responsibility of the individuals posting them.
We strive to create an inspiring, supportive community on our social media channels, so we ask that all users heed the following Community Guidelines:
1. STAY ON TOPIC AND BE RESPECTFUL
Firstly, we ask that everyone show respect for other members of our social media communities.
- We encourage and welcome your comments and feedback, provided that you share your viewpoint in a way that is respectful to us and our community, and is not inappropriate, off-topic, abusive, harassing, profane, or promoting/soliciting third-party sites, initiatives or products.
- This is not the right forum to send feedback about our products or companies, solicit business, or request donations. Please use the contact form of our corporate website for those topics.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove comments that are not in keeping with our policy and to block or ban users/followers who violate this policy.
2. LEGAL AND REGULATORY ISSUES
By way of example, we ask that you refrain from posting comments that contain:
- photos and/or videos, including those depicting individuals, unless the photographer (and, where applicable, the depicted individual, and if the depicted individual is a child, the child’s parents or legal guardian) or videographer have expressly consented to such use;
- the names of any individuals, and/or other information that could allow anyone to identify the individual(s), such as an address, phone number, license plate number, hometown, school, etc., unless those individuals have expressly consented to such use;
- inappropriate comments or inferences about our competitors (for example, disparaging comments, or any statements about their products);
- information that is, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- third-party confidential or non-public information;
- slander or defamation of character;
- threats or inappropriate statements;
- text, pictures or images that could be described as obscene, profane, lewd, crude, vulgar, offensive, provocative or pornographic, or as containing gang signs or symbols, gun imagery, political or religious propaganda, derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious group, depictions of alcohol or drug abuse, or promotion of illegal activity of any kind;
- links to other websites, advertising, spam
By posting, you are promising us that your post complies with these guidelines and doesn’t contain any of the restricted content listed above. Please note, however, that we may remove any post that we believe does not so comply.
Please remember, though, that this forum contains the opinions and views of other users. Although we are moderating our channels to help ensure that users’ posts comply with these Guidelines, we cannot be responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any comments or materials posted by users.
Last Updated: March 2020